ANGOSTURA Classic - Aromatic Bitter, 200ml
A skilfully blended aromatic preparation of gentian in combination with a variety of vegetable colouring matter. Made with the same ingredients since 1824.
Ingredients: Water, alcohol, spices, natural aromas, sugar, colorant: Caramel
44.7 % alc./vol. , 200ml
Angostura bitters are a key ingredient in many cocktails.
Angostura - Aromatic Bitter, 200ml
Angostura bitters is a concentrated bitters, or botanically infused alcoholic mixture, made of water, 44.7% ethanol, gentian, herbs and spices, by House of Angostura in Trinidad and Tobago. It is typically used for flavouring beverages or, less often, food. The bitters were first produced in the town of Angostura (Ciudad Bolívar, Venezuela) (hence the name), but do not contain angostura bark. The bottle is easily recognisable by its distinctive oversized label. 'Angostura' is Spanish for 'narrowing', the town of Angostura having been located at the first narrowing of the Orinoco River.
Angostura bitters are extremely concentrated and may be an acquired taste; though 44.7% alcohol by volume, bitters are not normally ingested undiluted, but instead are used in small amounts as flavouring.
- Respected and recognized as the leader in aromatic bitters worldwide; no bar or kitchen is complete without it.
- Drinks International Annual Bar Report 2018 has named Angostura® bitters the “Number 1 Selling Bitters” and the “Number 1 Trending Bitters,” respectively in the bitters category.
- Unique flavour enhancer (seasoning) for the preparation of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, as well as, any savoury or sweet food dishes.
- Sodium and Gluten-Free.
- Exported to 165 countries worldwide.
- Kosher certified.
- Tempers the acidity of citrus ingredients for individuals who are acid sensitive, calming the stomach.
- Classified as a food ingredient in many countries.
- Although the product contains 44.7% alcohol by volume, each dash contains an insignificant amount of alcohol and therefore remains non-alcoholic.
- 100% vegan.